About the Role
• Develop and implement a diversity, equity, inclusion strategy and roadmap that align to the organization’s objectives, strategy and vision.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to support a communication plan focused on achieving measurable, sustainable results.
• Serve as a key strategic business partner to the DEI Council, HR centers of excellence, and senior leaders regarding employee engagement, diversity and inclusion-related issues, topics, programs and trends.
• Drive an integrated approach to diversity and inclusion and implement impactful initiatives across Everest.
• Provide inspirational and effective leadership on the topic of DEI and Engagement with internal stakeholders.
• Work with HR leadership to identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve both our short and long-term engagement programs and employee experience
• Create strategic DEI t goals, project plans and core business processes, with key accountability measures.
• Training & Development, Succession Planning, and more
• Develop and maintain external strategic diversity partnerships to advance employee and community engagement and outreach efforts.
• Make recommendations to ensure business practices offer equitable opportunities for diverse stakeholders including employees, candidates, community, and customers.
• Facilitate open and practical dialogue throughout the company, resulting in a greater understanding of DEI and integration of DEI into Everest’s corporate culture.
• Partner with and advise talent acquisition and development teams to ensure the attraction and engagement of a talented and diverse workforce.
• Establish DEI metrics; benchmark, measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of Everest’s DEI and Engagement initiatives; report progress; identify opportunities for new areas of focus.
• Advise communications team on internal and external communications with an eye toward DEI including social media and employee climate/experience surveys
• Serve as advocate, mentor, and resource for the organization’s development, concerns, and issues related to diversity, inclusion, equity and engagement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or related field;
• 10+ years of experience in Human Resources or Diversity and Inclusion
• 3+ years of experience working with senior executives in a client-facing, consulting role, and driving strategic outcomes in DEI.
• Skilled in translating external and internal trends into innovative and creative practices
• Experience with diversity content development and facilitation
• Experience with project management, strategic consulting, and designing data-driven diversity program strategies.
• Experience processing information and building solutions to challenges and approaches to opportunities
• Experience with research and data analysis
• HR or Diversity and Inclusion Certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, DiversityFirst) preferred
• Strategically minded with demonstrated ability to design and implement high impact initiatives and plans based on analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to drive the business around employee engagement and DEI internally and externally; motivated to make an impact and create results.
• Demonstrated experience in DEI and ability to take initiative as a collaborative change agent, working in tandem with stakeholders throughout the business.
• Demonstrated awareness of all facets of diversity, including cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, ability, etc.
• Ability to design and deliver presentations and workshops to multiple stakeholder groups.
• Highly organized and strong project management skills with proven ability to lead multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Ability to communicate in clear and inspiring ways, adapting appropriately to the environment and audience; ability to champion new and bold ideas, practices, and offerings.
• Ability to build great teams, foster trust, and lead through influence, both with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent business judgment, problem framing and solving, project management and analytical ability.
• Exhibit innovative thinking, curiosity, collaboration, and comfort in solving ambiguous problems.
• Experience utilizing change management models and tools.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
You Will Benefit From Career Development And Learning Opportunities That Will Let You Set Career Goals And Fulfill Them, Including
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees.
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
About the Company
It’s an exciting time for Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Everest”)! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets.