About the Role
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• 2021 People Companies that Care
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
The incumbent will play an integral role in enabling delivery of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DI&B) education and initiatives across all HR programs and throughout the business by partnering and collaborating with key stakeholders to develop and operationalize DI&B strategies, programs, processes, and initiatives. This role will provide deep subject matter expertise on innovative, creative and agile frameworks, programs, processes, best practices and tools that enable Navy Federal to deliver an inclusive culture where people are engaged, motivated, capable, inspired and committed to the mission.
• Partner across Navy Federal to develop and implement integrated workforce solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices at all levels
• Work with HR Business Partners and other leaders on identifying and actioning on day-to-day DI&B needs within their teams and increasing cross-cultural competence including identifying where DI&B best practices can be integrated into business processes, policies, and norms
• Design, develop, and facilitate DI&B education, workshops and training for executives and employees on content including inclusive leadership, micro and macro behaviors, etc. and partner with communications on messaging, packaging and delivery of other DI&B educational content
• Promote leadership engagement by educating, coaching and providing feedback to leaders to optimize people practices in a way that strengthens inclusion and a sense of belonging
• Utilize a range of tools to measure and promote employee engagement, develop and implement action plans and provide meaningful data and reports to the business
• Partner closely with the Learning & Talent Development team to integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into work culture, workforce strategies, and talent practices including performance management, leadership development, succession planning, retention strategies, High Potential (Hi-Po) programs and mentoring programs
• Continuously enhance DI&B practices through providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment
• Establish a comprehensive set of metrics and conduct ongoing measurement of the impact of our programs and products in driving inclusive behaviors
• Maintain knowledge of DI&B-related issues, legislation, and best practices as well as the latest trends in training and development
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and
• Extensive experience in advising and counseling clients on topics of culture and people
• Demonstrated knowledge about DI&B and a commitment to creating diverse, inclusive and equitable staff engagement opportunities and events
• Experience with working in DI&B, talent management, and/or learning and training development
• Experience designing and leading DI&B-related trainings and educational programming
• Experience co-designing a programmatic strategy and executing against it
• Strong knowledge of best practices and trends in the DI&B and employee spaces
• Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter and ability to prioritize and work in a complex organizational structure
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• The ability to lead with empathy and guide others through change
• The ability to build trust and relationships with staff at all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
• Desired - Master's Degree or other advanced degree Human Resources Management, Finance or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
• Desired - Technology and Financial Services industry experience
• Desired - Professional Human Resource certification
• Desired - Certification and/or training in tools such as Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Korn Ferry/Lominger tools (e.g., Leadership Architect competency library, Voices 360 and Team Architect), Trusted Advisor, and Change Management best practices
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Partial telework – Report to one of the following campuses four days per month:
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, Virginia 22180; 141 Security Drive, Winchester, VA 22602; 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive, Pensacola, FL 32526
Salary Range: $95,600 annually to $149,800 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
About the Company
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.