About the Role
Do you want to play an instrumental role in leading diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategies for a dynamic group of businesses in Amazon’s high growth environment? Amazon Advertising Global Sales organization is looking for a senior Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) leader who will drive programs to improve employee experience, inclusion, engagement and ultimately retention across the organization as we strive to be Earth’s Best Employer. Here’s your opportunity! We are seeking an experienced Principal DEI Business Partner to partner with multiple senior business leaders, HR and Recruiting to execute against the organization and Amazon strategies to create a workplace that is equitable and inclusive for employees of all backgrounds. You’ll use your skills to work both across several businesses as well as deep dive with specific teams to innovate and pilot solutions and help them apply best practices. You will collaborate with stakeholders to design, coordinate, track and measure organization DEI initiatives and overall plan.
Business partnership will include assessing the current state and identifying best practices to move the business forward. You will deliver programs in multiple formats. Most importantly, you will measure and communicate results against committed DEI actions, so that we can ensure meaningful progress towards DEI and business goals. Ability to assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as they implement DEI programs is critical. Successful candidates will have experience designing and delivering innovative DEI programs, earning trust with customers, and exhibit the ability to invent and simplify to translate best practices and research into action. You should not only be passionate about delivering DEI solutions but obsessed with driving meaningful results that ultimately impact our customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 15+ years’ experience working in an HR or business function
· 2+ years’ experience developing DEI programs with measurable results
· 5+ years program management experience
· 5+ years of relevant DEI experience
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and programmatically
· Experience delivering projects across multiple businesses
· Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical
· Strong project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues, and a strong results orientation
· A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and leaders.
· Experience effectively partnering with HR and business teams to build effective HR or talent programs and strategies.
· Ability to motivate and influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups.
· Influences others to achieve solutions to meet organization’s objectives, and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues and overcoming hurdles to results. Effectively collaborates with partners to resolve.
· Strong interpersonal awareness and skills.
· Attention to detail; strong contracting skills; and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
About the Company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.