About the Role
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO) is a lead organizational change agent of system culture who understands that diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are not one-time initiatives or only a series of programs. Rather, the role is to build strategy and relationships where leadership, staff and physicians share the responsibility for improving organizational culture related to DEI and to instill an organizational culture that demonstrates everyone’s responsibility to create an inclusive, respectful workplace and welcoming environments of care. The CDIO is a guide for implementation of skills and integration of DEI in all areas of the Redeemer Health continuum. The CDIO reports to the President & CEO with guidance from the DEI Governance Workgroup in establishing organizational goals and strategies.
The CDIO is visionary- short and long-term, is results-driven and establishes the business case for diversity, equity and inclusion as it relates to system priorities.
CONNECTING TO MISSION:
All individuals, within the scope of their position, are responsible to perform their job in light of the mission and values of Redeemer Health. Regardless of position, every role contributes to providing safe, quality health care. There is an ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Hospitality, Holistic Care, Stewardship and Collaboration are present in interactions with one another and in the services that are provided.
The value of diversity, inclusion and justice is promoted through actions that reflect Redeemer Health’s heritage, unique continuum and compassionate delivery of care.
Decisions and partnerships are determined with alignment to the Redeemer Health mission and values.
All work relationships and assigned duties are treated with dignity, respect and justice.
Master’s degree in organizational development, education, public health, social work, human resources or other related field
Minimum 5 years of progressive experience advancing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is preferred; experience in a health care setting is a plus
Minimum 10 years’ experience working at multiple levels in an organization or in a management capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Competencies in leadership, organizational change and cultural sensitivity
Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in producing results
Effective oral and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Products and virtual meeting/education platforms
About the Company
Why Redeemer Health?
At Redeemer Health, you will experience:
· A culture that inspires and motivates team members to provide a highly personalized experience for patients, residents, clients, families, volunteers, partners and co-workers.
· Dedication to established safety practices and standards to maintain a safe environment for all.
· Competitive salary and outstanding benefits, including a 403B matching retirement program and comprehensive onboarding and training programs.
· A commitment to employee health and well-being with our Healthy U! Program's health and wellness activities, and opportunities aimed at stress reduction, balanced nutrition, physical activity, and preventive health behaviors.
· A collaborative work environment where all employees are comfortable sharing knowledge about situations, raising concerns and asking questions.
At Redeemer Health, we help people live life to the fullest through attention to their health and well-being at every stage of their life. Join our Mission to Care, Comfort and Heal.